[TYPO3-english] update powermail but not in extension manager

"HocomAdvies [  Wiechert Hooghwinkel "HocomAdvies [  Wiechert Hooghwinkel
Sat Nov 21 14:28:28 CET 2015

Hi,

I have a question about updating a running powermail extension. The extension is in a 6.2.6 Typo3 version. Since the installed version is outdated it need to be updated to a more recent one. But in the extension manager (manage extensions tab) there is no update offered. What is the best way to update in a case like this? I tried to install it from the import extension tab, but that results in a php error.  Or is the best way just remove the extension and install a new one? I prefer the first since it saves time not having to recreate new forms etc. I am not sure if the old forms and settings remain in place when removing the extension?

Regards,

Wiechert Hooghwinkel