[TYPO3-english] two questions about table sys_file

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Wed May 27 09:26:10 CEST 2015

Am 26.05.15 um 18:24 schrieb Christian Reiter:
> Hi Bernd,
>
> As far as I understand it - the way it SHOULD work is:
>
> If you have entries in sys_file that do not have a corresponding
> filesystem node on the system, that is probably because an external
> process (not a TYPO3 backend user) removed the files.

as the storage is readonly (it is a readonly external mount in unix)
nobody is able to modify the files on the TYPO3 server. only graphics
department can modify files, and so they created files with wrong names
(mixed case + special signs) they needed to rename a lot of files.
now these files exists with correct names, but TYPO3 does not know them
with their new name.

> When you run the scheduler "indexer" task for FAL , those sys_file
> records should get their "missing" flag.

that is one problem: they does not get the flag.
Due to a failure in the indexer which I can't get hands on.
I only have the title of the error icon in the scheduler:
| Execution failed: 1250596541, Task failed to execute successfully.
| Class: TYPO3\CMS\Scheduler\Task\FileStorageIndexingTask, UID: 3
as there is no more information about the error I'm lost.

> Also, if some files have the missing flag but have been restored to the
> system, the missing flag would be reset during the FAL indexing.
>
>    https://forge.typo3.org/issues/50827 / 50876
>
> But then there seems to be a small bug with recursive folder deleteion
> from the BE
>
>    https://forge.typo3.org/issues/67084
>
> This could result in a large number of leftover sys_file records, even
> if you have no external agent working in your storage, if your editors
> have "cleaned up" some large folder tree in the Filelist module.

as the storage is modified only from outside I would like to run the
indexer regulary, but as it stalls immediately I get no updates. :(

would it help to set the missing-flag for all files (mySQL-Query) and
wait until the entries of existing (and used) files get updated?
will they be updated on normal usage (without scheduler job)?

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html