[TYPO3-english] two questions about table sys_file

Christian Reiter cr at cNOSPAMxd.de
Tue May 26 18:24:53 CEST 2015

Hi Bernd,

As far as I understand it - the way it SHOULD work is:

If you have entries in sys_file that do not have a corresponding
filesystem node on the system, that is probably because an external
process (not a TYPO3 backend user) removed the files.

When you run the scheduler "indexer" task for FAL , those sys_file
records should get their "missing" flag.
Also, if some files have the missing flag but have been restored to the
system, the missing flag would be reset during the FAL indexing.

   https://forge.typo3.org/issues/50827 / 50876

But then there seems to be a small bug with recursive folder deleteion
from the BE

   https://forge.typo3.org/issues/67084

This could result in a large number of leftover sys_file records, even
if you have no external agent working in your storage, if your editors
have "cleaned up" some large folder tree in the Filelist module.

Best regards,
Christian