[TYPO3-english] Import-export of *.t3d

Christian Reiter cr at cNOSPAMxd.de
Tue May 26 16:04:54 CEST 2015

Hi Bernd,

>> you will have some time
>> lag before it gets to all servers.
>
> that always is possible, but can not be avoided if you transfer very
> much data to different machines. independent from way of rollout.

When it comes to publishing a changeset to the database you can bracket
the entire publish in a transaction which might help with some  problems.

but with a large publish of changes to files, you may end up with an
unclear state, if the systems crash during the publishing process.
Of course the file comparison mode, which can run across the entire
fileadmin, helps here... but it's made to work with one local and one
remote instance.
As of now server arrays are just a bit of an edge case inside an edge case.

>> There are a lot of extensions for edge cases that don't show up in TER.
>
> yes. I'm sad about it as I consider the central TER a very big advantage
> against other CMSs.

Right now a lot of work needs go to into the extension so it works
smoothly with 7.x (it loads and does its job right now, but there are a
lot of rough edges).
Also a lot of general updating, as you can imagine an extension that
went into production in 2004 doesn't exactly have the newest coding
practices.
The end result might have the goal of being a more generalized solution.

> in my current company I configured TYPO3 to:
> publish page content as PHP-includes which are distributed with GIT.

Interesting approach, and so you even have versioned content ;)

BTW, is that in TER... ;-)

Christian