[TYPO3-english] Import-export of *.t3d

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Tue May 26 16:16:17 CEST 2015

Am 26.05.15 um 16:04 schrieb Christian Reiter:
> Hi Bernd,
>
>>> There are a lot of extensions for edge cases that don't show up in TER.
>>
>> yes. I'm sad about it as I consider the central TER a very big advantage
>> against other CMSs.
>
> Right now a lot of work needs go to into the extension so it works
> smoothly with 7.x (it loads and does its job right now, but there are a
> lot of rough edges).
> Also a lot of general updating, as you can imagine an extension that
> went into production in 2004 doesn't exactly have the newest coding
> practices.

there are a lot of extensions which need an update.
and so they might work with 6.x with only slight modifications 7.x will
require major changes (or a penalty because of ext:compatibility6)

> The end result might have the goal of being a more generalized solution.
>
>> in my current company I configured TYPO3 to:
>> publish page content as PHP-includes which are distributed with GIT.
>
> Interesting approach, and so you even have versioned content ;)
>
> BTW, is that in TER... ;-)

I expected the question:

I would like to publish the export-module to TER (select pagetrees to
export to static files and commit them to different GIT branches) but a
coworker started the work in a very special way, so it was impossible
(or a great workload) to have the export more flexible by configuration
and modular to include different functions with the export.
And so I intended to have a scheduler queue with single export jobs we
now have a BE-module with AJAX-calls for each page to be exported. for
big exports you need to have the BE-module open the complete time (which
can take up to 6 hours for the complete page tree (~15000 pages)).
And so it was developed with 6.1 it also will need some extra work to
run smoothly with 7.x
and as usual there was no time for documentation yet :(

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html