[TYPO3-english] Re: Setting Default Values in the Appearance Tab

Chris Crawford chris_crawford at yahoo.com
Fri May 15 17:54:01 CEST 2015

Thank you! That works great. One difference is that I used TCAdefaults (with an 's' on the end) rather than TCAdefault. Here is the code:

TCAdefaults.tt_content.imagewidth = 350

A follow up question is this, is there a way to specify which type of content element this gets applied to? It's not so much an issue with images, but I would also like to set a default bottom margin for grid elements, but not other elements. I tried the following, but it set the bottom margin for all of the content elements on the page:

TCAdefaults.tt_content.spaceAfter = 25

I even tried this, along with several variations, but it did not work either...

TCAdefaults.tt_content.spaceAfter = CASE
TCAdefaults.tt_content.spaceAfter {
  key.field = CType
  gridelements_pi1 = 25
  default >
}

When I used the above code, it just set the bottom margin field to "CASE". Is it possible to set the default "spaceAfter" value for specific content types?

Thank you again. -Chris Crawford