[TYPO3-english] Setting Default Values in the Appearance Tab

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Fri May 15 09:26:54 CEST 2015

Am 13.05.15 um 22:30 schrieb Chris Crawford:
> Hello,
> Is there a way to set default values in the Appearance tab of a content
> element?
> For instance, I would like to set the width of an image to 350 by
> default, but I want the user to be able to override it by changing the
> width in the Image Adjustments section.
> I know I can do something like "tt_content.image.20.maxW = 350" in the
> page template, but that seems to override the width value that the user
> types into the form.
>
> I've searched and searched, but I cannot seem to find the answer.

tt_content.image... is for FE-rendering
as far as I have understand you want the default-value for the field in
the record to be 350. that can be realized by setting something like

TCAdefault.tt_content.imagewidth = 350
in general:
TCAdefault.<tablename>.<fieldname> = <defaultvalue>

in the page- (or user-) TSconfig.
so each record gets this value on creation for this field, but the
editor can change it.
(so no old record gets changed, even if the field was left empty)

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html