[TYPO3-english] Import-export of *.t3d

Michael Schams typo3.lists at 2015.trash.schams.net
Fri May 15 09:25:17 CEST 2015

On Thu, 2015-05-14 at 20:53 +0300, Viktor Livakivskyi wrote:

> Have any of you, guys and girls, using TYPO3 built-in t3d import-export functionality in TYPO3 6.2?
[...]
> So, my questions are:
> 1. Is import-export still usable?
> 2. Or do you know/already_use any other alternatives?

I suspect some people will disagree with my opinion and my last attempts
using the t3d export/import function are years ago, but the truth is
that I personally don't have good experiences with it.

It may work for small, simple sites, but from a certain size and
complexity on, the risk of a failed restore seems to be pretty high.

Make sure, your reference table is up-to-date before triggering the
export. Some people suggest to do the export in small(er) steps (e.g. a
specific page branch first, if this works, then the next, etc.).

I usually forgo using the t3d export/import to be honest.

Cheers
Michael