[TYPO3-english] Import-export of *.t3d

Viktor Livakivskyi invisible.kinder at gmail.com
Thu May 14 19:53:49 CEST 2015

Hi, list.

Have any of you, guys and girls, using TYPO3 built-in t3d import-export functionality in TYPO3 6.2?

We have a website with ~40 languages, tons of content, extensive FAL usage and so on. While developing a new part of website, we create pages, CEs, records in almost same manner, as they shuld be in production system.
When it comes to deploy, a person, which does it, must re-create same pages, contents, records on a stage system. Imagine at least 3 pages with 6 CEs on each and 40 languages. So 3*6*40=720 CEs must be copy-pasted, which is a nightmare for a human.

That's why I've started to look at laternatives and found, that TYPO3 itself has a possibility to import-export any records, while keeping all relations.
I've made a test export. Then started import and got an exception: #1317178794: No file usage (sys_file_reference) found for given UID.

So, no files were imported, but at least pages and content were... in some manner. Meaning, no translations were available and all content elements were placed in Default page record. Also some values were missing, like FE group permissions, while I set to copy these values as static relations on export.

I have also flux, fluidcontent and fluidpages installed. And relations of CEs to grids from fluidcontent were lost. Maybe I should ask for this at extension authors, but this is not the buggest issue, while issues from above are.

So, my questions are:
1. Is import-export still usable?
2. Or do you know/already_use any other alternatives?

Note: raw copy of files and MySQL tables is not a solution in our case, bcs it is a Dev system and some parts may be broken/experimental/in_development, therefore I need to copy only one part of page-tree with almost all relations.