[TYPO3-english] HTTP 500 - Aimeos

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Thu May 14 09:46:51 CEST 2015

Hi,

On 14/05/2015 02:22, José Luis wrote:
> I've been discussing with my hosting provider and domain.
>
> It tells me that you can not use functions "exec, system" for safety.

That's simply not true. A good hosting provider can let you use these
functions without any safety issues for their network and other
customers. Enabling these functions combined with security issues in the
code that you are using might let attackers execute things on your
installation, but in a good hosting environment this would not affect
others.
If you keep your software up to date there shouldn't be any issues with
using exec or system.

Find yourself a different hoster that has better specifications (really!).

Without the use of these functions TYPO3 can't use ImageMagick /
GraphicsMagick for image manipulation.

> The database was not well built because the server engine is MyISAM and
> collation latin1_swedish_ci.
>
> I found the "# 1071 - Specified key was too long; max key length is 1000
> bytes" error that I noticed.

I've written an article about repairing the database for an upgrade to
TYPO3 6.2:

http://www.typo3coder.nl/development/upgrade-to-typo3-62-and-database-issues/

If you don't have TYPO3 4.x on that server yet, the simple script
(described under "THE FIX") can easily be modified to have the database
credentials inside the script. Then it can run without any dependencies
on TYPO3 and make the database completely UTF-8.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!