[TYPO3-english] limit categories to a domain in a multidomain setup

Koen Van Nuffelen koen_typo3 at obiwebs.be
Sun Mar 29 21:35:37 CEST 2015

Good evening,

Is there a way to limit system categories to one domain in a multi
domain setup? (TYPO3 6.2)
I have a good working multi domain setup.
But if I make categories in the root page of a domain, they are also
visible in all the other domains in the multi domain setup.
I found how you can do it in your own extensions.
(http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/CoreApiReference/ApiOverview/Categories/Index.html)

But is there a setting or another way for doing this in general? (page
properties categories, news extension categories, ...)

Best regards,
Koen