[TYPO3-english] Lock a direct reference for files in fileadmin

Peter Kühnlein peter at function2form.net
Fri Mar 20 08:42:22 CET 2015

Am 19.03.2015 um 21:20 schrieb Richard Davies:
> Hi Dima,
>
> Extensions! You can use the search function of the extension repository.
> There seem to be a few if you search for 'secure' -
> http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/?id=23&L=0&q=secure
>
> Richard
>
> On 20 March 2015 at 02:43, Dima Doronenko<doronenkod at i.ua>  wrote:
>
>> >Hi, all
>> >
>> >I need a  help, I want to forbid a direct opening or downloading of the
>> >file from the fileadmin folder.
>> >Example:www.example.com/fileadmin/some_folder/some_doc_file.doc
>> >
>> >And to leave this opportunity only for fe_users.
>> >
>> >How can I configure this?
>> >Thanks!

Hi to the both of you -

Richard is right in that there are extensions like naw_securedl that
make it more difficult to download files directly via http. However, as
the developers of the mentioned extension point out [1], to completely
rule out download from the server, the .htaccess file should be modified
[2].  Something like

Order deny,allow
Deny from all
Allow from 127.0.0.1

should work, where 127.0.0.1 identifies the local machine in IPv4. If
you can't download the files from the local machine anymore using this,
substituting the 127-IP by the URI of the server should work.

Regards,
Peter

[1]
http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/extensions/naw_securedl/ExtNawSecuredl/Introduction/WhatDoesItDo/Index.html

[2] http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/howto/access.html

--

http://function2form.net
http://peter-kuehnlein.net

"[N]ot having attained your aim and continuing to live is cowardice. This is a thin dangerous line."
(Hagakure)

Latest projects
http://walter-huhn.de
http://noris-chapter.de