[TYPO3-english] SSL proxy - nginx, apache, and base href condition in typoscript

Jan Slusarczyk jan.slusarczyk at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 16:56:47 CET 2015

I want to use nginx as ssl proxy in front of apache running typo3
6.2.10. I'm returning X-Forwarded headers, including X-Forwarded-Proto
https, and the proxying part works fine.

But I also need to modify my base href tag depending on the protocol.
And I can't find a working example on how to do this. I found a lot of
discussion and I know that host headers can be forged and shouldn't be
trusted, but at the same time I cannot find a way to make a working
condition like this:

config.baseURL = http://domain.com
[globalString = _SERVER|HTTPS = on]
config.baseURL = https://domain.com