[TYPO3-english] linkvalidator: faulty link not recognised

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Sun Mar 15 09:17:20 CET 2015

Hi,

On 13/03/2015 11:07, Dennis Hoffland wrote:
> I studied the information provided at
> http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/TCAReference/Reference/Columns/Common/Index.html#softref
> and went to System > Configuration > $GLOBALS['TCA'] in the Typo3 BE,
> but I am not sure where and how to check if the issue is related to the
> TCA settings.

In your post I couldn't find a clue where you put the link that was not
found by the validator. In the TCA configuration there should be a
softref property for the field of the extension where you put this link.

> Is this something  I should adjust myself as an "average user" or should
> I report it as possible bug in the linkvalidator?

It's not a setting an "average user" can adjust, but the author of the
extension can add the softref setting. If the (correct) softref setting
is missing, then it's certainly not a but in linkvalidator.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!