[TYPO3-english] Localization Manager XML

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Fri Jul 31 22:41:12 CEST 2015

Hi,

On 31/07/2015 18:12, Neil Gauld wrote:
> Hi, we have been sent an XML file from TYPO3 by a client, they specify
> that SDL Studio should be used and have sent a settings file. We do not
> use SDL. But our system XTM can read the XML file without a problem. But
> what I want to know is does the settings file alter what can be
> read/translated etc in the XML file when used with SDL? So do we need a
> settings file for XTM or does it not make a difference?

Unfortunately I don't have a configuration file for XTM. According to
the manual [1] the extension in your clients TYPO3 installation can
generate configuration files for Across, DéjàVu, memoQ, SDL TRADOS
TagEditor, SDL Trados Studio and SDL PASSOLO. Is one of those tools more
compatible with XTM?

Commercial support and training for the Localization Manager is provided
by loctimize [2]. Perhaps they have some experience with XTM or know
someone who has made a configuration file for XTM.

The configuration file probably only tells the translation tool what
data is to be expected in which XML tag. An overview of the tags and
their meaning can be found at [3]. The manual I link to is automatically
converted from a .sxw (OpenOffice.org document) and thus a bit hard to
read at some places.

Hopefully you manage to get XTM working with the XML structure so you
can provide translation services for TYPO3 installations.

[1]
http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/extensions/l10nmgr/ExtLocalizationManager/UsersManual/DownloadConfigurationFiles/Index.html

[2] http://www.loctimize.com/de/support/typo3-l10nmgr.html

[3]