[TYPO3-english] favicon handling

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Wed Jul 8 08:20:56 CEST 2015

Am 07.07.15 um 12:49 schrieb rsbrux:
> I have pointed page.shortcutIcon in my base template to a 16x16
> favicon.ico file, which I have also included in my root directory.
> My root directory also includes:
>
> apple-touch-icon-57x57-precomposed.png
> apple-touch-icon-precomposed.png (180x180)
> favicon-152.png (152x152)
>
> based on advice found on these pages:
> https://mathiasbynens.be/notes/touch-icons
> https://github.com/audreyr/favicon-cheat-sheet
>
> This permits the chosen icon to appear in Firefox and on my iPad, but
> not on my Samsung Note 4.
> The above referenced pages also suggest adding some HTML to the <head>
> of the page, but I thought we were not supposed to directly create/edit
> HTML in Typo3.  Furthermore, I have no idea where to include the
> recommended HTML in our Typo3 installation.

TYPO3 has the ability to handly nearly everything without touching PHP.
So it is possible to modify/enhance the HTML header.

as there are some special configuration you can add your own lines to
the html header. have a look at [1] especialy .headerData
examples can be found at [2],[3]

[1]
http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/TyposcriptReference/6.2/Setup/Page/Index.html
[2] http://www.km2.de/blog/2009/05/13/typo3-favicon-einbinden.html