[TYPO3-english] external_import, nesting pages

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Fri Jan 30 13:36:40 CET 2015

Hi David,

> In this userfunction i check for currently existing pages which
> "tx_vtmmage_magento_category_id" == "the current external parent_id". If
> there is a result, the uid of this page will be returned and should be
> used as pid for the new record.
>
> Unfortunately this pid gets overridden while importing and all new
> records gets defined 'pid' => 97" from the ctrl section.

Have you checked that your function works as expected? Normally
external_import will not override the "pid" field if it already contains
a value, so my guess is that your function returns nothing.

BTW have you tried simply mapping the pid field to the pages table
itself, i.e. something like:

$GLOBALS['TCA']['pages']['columns']['pid']['external'] = array(
     0 => array(
         'field' => 'parent_id',
         'mapping' => array(
             'table' => 'pages',
             'reference_field' => 'tx_vtmmage_magento_category_id'
         )
     )
);

This should normally work.