[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 Update 6.2: sys_file_reference empty

Markus Klein klein.t3 at reelworx.at
Wed Feb 18 14:53:01 CET 2015

Hi!

Yes the point is to update the refindex BEFORE the upgrade, such that the wizard has a clue where media files are used and what has to be migrated.

You may delete the line from LocalConfiguration.php so the wizard checks again if stuff needs to be migrated.

Generally I would recommend though to redo the upgrade from the original state of the system, with a proper refindex in place.
If former upgrades worked out fine, you were lucky and the refindex was in good shape anyway. (Usually the BE takes care of proper refindex, but extensions might manipulate data without caring about the index. That's why you should manually update it before upgrading.)

Kind regards
Markus

Markus Klein
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributors Team Member