[TYPO3-english] (no subject)

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Thu Aug 13 08:18:09 CEST 2015

Am 13.08.15 um 01:30 schrieb Mr Learner:
> Hi Bernd,
> Thanks for your reply. I'm just migrating the site from one host to the
> other host and not considering any changes as such as the site developer is
> not available to assist with any changes. And being a newbie I'm not
> considering to change anything apart from migrating the site. The

these words I heard a lot in the last year.
seems a lot of people managed to install a TYPO3 but are unable to
update it. now a newbie should do the job which requires much knowledge
and insight in TYPO3.
It's like tunig a car. the regular mechanic can't do it. so a student is
hired to do the job. :-(((

> requirement is that I'll have replicate the site on two hosts, one being
> with the same DNS and on the other it changes. I'm currently working on
> setting up the one that has changed DNS url, however halted with different
> issues as informed.
> Can you share if there is any documentation link on the info you shared
> regarding the realurl (about first issue in my list) or any video also
> helps a lot in this case.

for each (good) extension there is a manual. this can be accessed at
http://docs.typo3.org . (even/especially the core-extension have manuals!)
https://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/extensions/realurl/

if you have problems with realurl on a new server you should test your
installtion without realurl. realurl can work flawless only if the
installtion is in a healthy state, means it works without realurl.

aside of rewrites in .htaccess you might also consider domain-records in
your installation!
and if that is working you can activate realurl to nice up the urls.

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html