[TYPO3-english] Datatables Serverside Processing in Typo3 (via Templavoila) / PHP issue

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Mon Apr 20 19:31:29 CEST 2015

On 13/04/2015 17:59, Markus Philipp wrote:
> Thanks for all the hints! Fair to say that I just started, but I'll try
> to look into the different methods. For the time being, I changed the
> rendering to ...
> return json_encode( $output );
> .. and the data is now rendered at the marker, but unfortunately still
> not in the table. *CRY*. Live example (incl. syntax showcase):

The json_encode() suggests that there is an AJAX script involved.

> http://www.rfpfactsheet.com/rfp-issuer/a001-finance-factsheet/rfp-id-a001/live-example/

This indeed does another call to
http://www.rfpfactsheet.com/rfp-issuer/a001-finance-factsheet/rfp-id-a001/live-example/?draw=1&columns%5B0[...]regex%5D=false&_=1429549343353

This means that there is JS in your page that wants to call a second
script that produces the data that will be put in the table by JS.

For such situations you could an eID script. The book I suggested in the
very basic TYPO3 environment without most of the features of a normal
frontend environment. It is a lot faster and can be used to quickly
retrieve extra data which doesn't need a complete TYPO3 frontend (for
example data for an autocomplete field, dynamic data that needs to be
updated frequently, etc.)
There are other solutions, but for the simple database query in your
example an eID script might be suitable.

It might be useful to get some books on TYPO3 extension programming.
They usually come with examples for various tasks and types of extensions.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!