[TYPO3-english] User Access, Permissions and Workspaces

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Tue Sep 23 18:56:29 CEST 2014

Hi,

On 23-9-2014 18:00, Matt Clough wrote:
> 1. Need to only be able to create/edit staff records (in the staff
> records folder) in the LIVE workspace
> 2. Need to be able create news and events (in the news and event folder)
> in the news and event workspace
> 3. Need to edit content in section 3 of the page in another workspace

The rights system in TYPO3 CMS adds rights from the various groups a
user belongs to. If you give a person access to the staff folder and the
news folder plus access to the live workspace and the news workspace,
then that person has access to both folders in both workspaces.

Maybe there's an extension that makes it possible to combine
restrictions, but I haven't heard of such an extension.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!