[TYPO3-english] User Access, Permissions and Workspaces

Matt Clough matt at lubs.leeds.ac.uk
Tue Sep 23 18:00:20 CEST 2014

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to come up with a system for allowing my BE users the correct roles and access permissions and have come up against a bit of a problem.

I have created various usergroups with the following types:

Role groups - define what a user can do (edit content, pages)
Access groups - where in the page tree they can edit
DB mount groups - which points in the page tree they can see
File mount groups - which folders they have access to.

Users can also be members of multiple workspaces.

My problem is the following.

Example

User A

1. Need to only be able to create/edit staff records (in the staff records folder) in the LIVE workspace
2. Need to be able create news and events (in the news and event folder) in the news and event workspace
3. Need to edit content in section 3 of the page in another workspace

(the reason for multiple workspaces is that different people will be responsible for publishing the changes)

Example page tree

---Section 1
---Section 2
---Section 3
---Staff Records Storage folder
---News and event Storage Folder

What I intended to do

Give User A the Role and Access groups to accomplish all the above task but only give the user mount points (though DB and File mount groups) for the staff records storage folder. I wanted to then use the workspace DB and file mounts to allow them to accomplish the appropriate task in the correct workspace. However this is not possible due to the restriction that workspace mount points must exist within the mount points assigned to the user.

My question is - is their anyway around this and if not would anybody be able to recommend a different solution?

I hope all that makes sense!!

Thanks

Matt