[TYPO3-english] [TYPO3-core] Different title tag when using "subtitle" field

Christian Futterlieb christian at futterlieb.ch
Wed Sep 10 11:07:05 CEST 2014

> Just some thoughts about the extension approach. IMHO you should *never* use a fully fledged extension for a task, that can easily be achieved with some lines of TypoScript.
I basically agree with that. The approach of the extension is to improve
the page title generation of TYPO3 in general, because it's very inflexible.
Everybody that wants to configure any content of the title tag with
typoscript has to use noPageTitle = 2 and create its own title in
page.headerData.. Which is a typoscript-only solution (and thus
preferred by many), but imo having a page title generation that is
configurable through typoscript is worth an extension, because TYPO3
itself lacks of this feature.

> Especially when the extension itself needs even more lines of TypoScript to be configured.
I don't want to nitpick on one line more or less of typoscript. But when
for example TYPO3 would offer a feature like 'pagetitle_stdWrap' (like
titletag does) you would not bother to write the needed typoscript,
would you? ;-)

> The piece of code that I posted is tested and working, and if it does not give you the desired output, there must be something wrong with the rest of your TypoScript.
Very true.

Kamil, if you decide to use the extension, be sure to use version 0.4.0,
the versions before did not feature the pagetitle_stdWrap.

Regards, Christian