[TYPO3-english] Re: [TYPO3-core] Different title tag when using "subtitle" field

Jo Hasenau info at cybercraft.de
Wed Sep 10 09:55:42 CEST 2014

Am 10.09.2014 09:49, schrieb Jo Hasenau:
> Am 10.09.2014 09:04, schrieb Kamil R:
>> Hi Christian,
>> many thanks for your tip about the extension. It's really close to what
>> I'm trying to make. Also thanks you for your piece of code. It's working
>> but... I'm very very green with TYPO and this is my first fight.
>> Your code is append custom text to subtitle and the line that supposed
>> add text to "title" is not working (it display only title field, without
>> any "title_sufix"). Can I ask you for another try with this? Many many
>> thanks for your (and Jo, from previous posts) help with my issue.

Just some thoughts about the extension approach. IMHO you should *never*
use a fully fledged extension for a task, that can easily be achieved
with some lines of TypoScript. Especially when the extension itself
needs even more lines of TypoScript to be configured.

The piece of code that I posted is tested and working, and if it does
not give you the desired output, there must be something wrong with the
rest of your TypoScript. So maybe you could post a larger portion of
your TypoScript setup so we can take a look and maybe find out what goes
wrong.

HTH

Joey

--