[TYPO3-english] Download website as static (html5)

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Fri Nov 14 08:45:06 CET 2014

Am 14.11.14 07:02, schrieb Katja Lampela:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for a solution to following:
> - TYPO3 website
> - possibility to download the site to own device (usable without
> internet connection)
>
> I know there are programs/apps that can do it, but how would you
> recommend me to proceed if I wanted to have a "download website as local
> copy" button on the website?
>
> This would be a great way to create html5 epubs.

building the offline-page (zip, epub, ...) on the fly could take a lot
of resources (depending on website).

but on the fly would be neccessary only on often changes. maybe the
generation of the offline-page could be triggered manualy after a seldom
change or be done with a cron-job.

maybe you can install a webspider on the server and build a shell-script
to spider and do further work with it (check for changes, spider
website, generate epub, replace old version, ...)
and inside TYPO3 you link to the (replaced) file.

one further thought: you might enable building inidviualized epubs.
the visitor enters data in a form which decides the content of epub
(selective catalog, inidvidualized book (exchange name of person), ...)
then you need to do it on the fly. As most programms to generate the
offline-page propably are CLI you need to call the script like above and
generate individual files and link to this individual file (or mail it?)
this might be a nice extension I possibly can use for one project in mind.

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html