[TYPO3-english] backend layout

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Fri Nov 7 15:00:27 CET 2014

Hi bernd,

bernd wilke wrote:

>> Would be great to give different backend layouts because groups have
>> different rights.
>
> I can't image how you will realize it as there is no possibility to
> assign two BE-layouts to one page. you only can use Conditions in
> page-/User-TS-config to configure the BE. maybe you can declare some
> colPos values to be invalid, but I can't imagine how you can switch
> be-layout or disable a whole column.

Actually you can do this, be using global conditions inside the backend
layout definition. e.g.

backend_layout {
	colCount = 2
	rowCount = 1
	rows {
		1 {
			columns {
				1 {
					name = Main
					colPos = 0
				}
				2 {
					name = right
					colPos = 1
				}
			}
		}
	}
}
[PIDupinRootline = 509]
backend_layout.rows.1.columns.2 >
[GLOBAL]

The above would disable one column on pages below 509.
You can the same with user groups.

Best regards
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!