[TYPO3-english] backend layout

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Fri Nov 7 08:38:38 CET 2014

Am 07.11.14 06:58, schrieb Katja Lampela:
> Hi,
>
> I try to setup simpler backend layout for a backend editor group, but it
> seems the backend layout and the frontend are connected so that if I
> delete some columns from the backend layout, they disappear also from
> frontend. Can this be avoided, is my setup somehow wrong?

that depends.
I use BElLayouts to enable editors to select the FE-layout. so my
TS/Fluid decides on the BE-layout what to show in FE.
So the original idea for be-layouts was a usage like yours.

you could decide the FE-Layout by the value of the page-field 'layout',
independent of the BE-layout, which just enables the assignemnt of
colPos-values, which might (or might not) be used in the FE rendering,
depending on the field 'layout'

> Would be great to give different backend layouts because groups have
> different rights.

I can't image how you will realize it as there is no possibility to
assign two BE-layouts to one page. you only can use Conditions in
page-/User-TS-config to configure the BE. maybe you can declare some
colPos values to be invalid, but I can't imagine how you can switch
be-layout or disable a whole column.

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html