[TYPO3-english] Realurl configuration help needed

Markus Klein klein.t3 at mfc-linz.at
Tue May 20 14:51:46 CEST 2014

Hi Mark,

no these pages should not be on the same level as the subsite should appear in the menus of the HomeSite.
So a menu on the HomeSite should look like this:

HomeSite -> link to http://example.com/
--> page a -> link to http://example.com/page-a/
--> SubSite -> link to http://sub.example.com/
        --> page b -> link to http://sub.example.com/page-b

If I surf to http://sub.example.com/ then the page shows the the full menu as above, but the particular pages in that subsite are addressed with the subdomain.

Example: Association for a country with subdivisions for states.
You should always see the website/design/menu of the Association (HomeSite).
If you surf to http://stateA.example.com/ you will land directly on the SubSite for that state, while still having the whole menu of the Assoc around so you can switch to other states for instance.

Kind regards
Markus

Markus Klein
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributors Team Member