[TYPO3-english] 6.2 LTS - Extension manager - modified extensions

Markus Klein klein.t3 at mfc-linz.at
Fri May 16 00:26:31 CEST 2014

Hi Jan,

> Hi Ralf-Rene,
>
> >> I've just recognized that there are new issues on forge regarding the
> >> "check for core modifications" feature.
> >>
> >> But is there already an issue regarding the "check for extension
> >> modifications in standard EM" from the origin post, too?
> >
> > for the hash-creating as requirement
> > http://forge.typo3.org/issues/57795
>
> I think i don't get it at the moment or i misunderstand it: The comments are
> all about checksums locally or on ter etc.
>
> Will this issue bring the old EM feature "extension has been modified"
> back? Just for beeing sure to watch the right issue ;)
Yes, it is about exactly this feature. In order to detect whether files have been modified you need a checksum.
So the point here is, where're these checksums calculated?
For TER extensions this can be done within the TER on extension upload.

> Will this also cover the following: An non-ter extension is installed locally. Any
> time later some of the extensions files get modified. Now the extension is
> marked red in EM, saying "some extension files have been modified...". No
> comparison against ter version and so on...
For local only extensions there needs to be a developer tool that does this calculation locally.

For Core itself I proposed to have 2 checksums. One for the released Core as it is and another one for the developer who modified the Core and who wants to "sign" this state with another checksum.

Another discussion is about where these checksums are actually stored. Ext_emconf.php, composer.json, separate file, TER, etc.

> Sorry, Jan

No need to be sorry ;-)

Cheers,
Markus