[TYPO3-english] Upgrade Typo3 4.5 -> 6.2...almost there ?

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Sun May 11 18:52:10 CEST 2014

Hi,

On 9-5-2014 20:15, Ron Aarts wrote:
> I have no experience whatsoever with Typo3 or building websites for that
> matter. But my company asked me to move our website to a VPS and update
> the CMS. I think I got quite far (other then some styling issues) but
> there is one thing that I just can't seem to fix. On the VPS with the
> updated CMS ( h t t p: / /37.128.146.251) the picture all the way on the
> top of the page is completely different then the picuture on the
> original website ( h t t p : / / www.neon-networking.nl ). I noticed
> that in the HTML page source on the VPS website the image linked is in a
> completely different folder (uploads/tx_tempvoila/someimage.jpg) then
> the original website (uploads/media/someimage.jpg).
>
> My guess is that there is a faulty reference somewhere in the database
> or in the TemplaVoila settings.... I have tried to find the issue but I
> feel like I am looking for a needle in a haystack. I hope some one with
> some more experience then me can push me in the right direction!

It's very hard to say what the problem is without knowing how the pages
are built. You mention TemplaVoilà, so I assume that is used to render
the page template.
If that is the case I would look at how the template is built (WEB >
TemplaVoilà) (if you start to edit a template it warns you that saving
changes might destroy manual modifications; if you don't save anything
nothing will be changed, so don't be scared)
Maybe there is a field where you can set the image. If you found the
field the next thing is to check the TypoScript for that field (there is
an option to see the TypoScript processing of a field).

There are so many ways to build a website and implement features that
it's hard to say what the problem is without knowing all the details.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!