[TYPO3-english] Version 6.2 beta: Backend group access problems, a BUG?

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Thu Mar 13 13:31:14 CET 2014

Am 13.03.14 12:23, schrieb Vincent Mans:
> Hi folks,
>
> Let me describe what I found with Permissions and Access. I found this in
> 6.2bèta6, but didn't reproduce it in other versions (current lack of time).
> With the risk of making a complete fool of myself.
>
> Anyway, better safe than sorry. Here it is.
>
> There is a basic group "basic-settings". There is another group called
> "main-editors" (the names have been changed, it's as general example).
>
> The group "main-editors" has "basic-settings" as a sub group.
>
> If I create a backend user and I make him member of "main-editors", he
> obviously gets the settings of "basic-settings" with it.
>
> But here is the thing: if this backend user creates a page, the Group
> Access of that page is assigned to group "basic-settings".
>
> This is wrong, or not? Shouldn't it be assigned to "main-editors"? Because
> "by proxy" there are much more editors member of group "basic-settings"
> than there are of "main-editors", resulting in users having access to pages
> we don't want.

depends on point of view:
if everyone should at least see new pages it would be correct
if only the smallest group should be able to see new pages your attempt
is correct.

> Three options. Is this a bug, or a config-setting I missed, or am I
> completely and utterly mistaken in the concept?

in fact it is configurable.
you can use either user-TSconfig or page-TSconfig to give pages (in a
subtree) on creation special values for owner, ownergroup and access-rights:

TCEMAIN.permissions {
	// owner of new pages (be_users.uid)
	userid = 3
	// ownergroup of new pages (be_groups.uid)
	groupid = 2

	// bitwise access for owner, group, everyone
	// ATTENTION! bits are not in order as displayed in BE
	// bit value meaning
	//   0   1   show page
	//   1   2   edit page
	//   2   4   delete page
	//   3   8   create pages inside this page
	//   4  16   edit content in this page
	user = 31
	group = 19
	everybody = 1