[TYPO3-english] Version 6.2 beta: Backend group access problems, a BUG?

Vincent Mans vincent at vibis.nl
Thu Mar 13 14:13:08 CET 2014

Thanks for the answers. Yes, I remember from a few years back, that the
settings can be configured. Sorry to bother. But I also remember now the
related questions questions that popped up back then. And pop up again now.

I think with the configuration options many cases can be handled, indeed.
But still...

First:

"depends on point of view:

if everyone should at least see new pages it would be correct
if only the smallest group should be able to see new pages your attempt
is correct."

You can make and structure groups so that everyone can see. But you
cannot make groups the other way around. So shouldn't it work just the
other way around?

Second:

If a group is the owner of a page, wouldn't it be more correct in a natural
flow that the group is also the owning group of a child page?

Third:

So there have to be users with permissions to the Access tool, to repair
the defaults on a page or branch. This is not wanted or feasible in every
customer organisation. Editors have already many things to attend.

I'm not sure, but perhaps it's an issue to put on the "To make things
easier"-list?

Thanks again, Vincent