[TYPO3-english] TypoScript cObject TEXT - stdWrap on value property

Artur Cichosz artur2000 at gmx.de
Wed Mar 12 14:27:08 CET 2014

Today I had some kind of blackout. I tried something like this and I was sure I used this hundreds of times.

page.10 = TEXT
page.10 {
  value.cObject = TEXT
  value.cObject.value = BBB
}

But it didn't work, so I checked the documentation and it says that the "value" attributes data type is "string /stdWrap".

docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/TyposcriptReference/ContentObjects/Text/Index.html

This should mean, that I should be able to apply all methods of stdWrap to the value property. Am I thinking right?

So something like the following should be possible

page.10 = TEXT
page.10 {
  value = abrakadabra
  value.case = upper
}

Or something like this

page.10 = TEXT
page.10 {
  value = abrakadabra
  value.wrap = wrap my | value
}

Or consequently cObject as well like in my code from the beginning.

But all this does not work in any TYPO3 version I tried (4.5.10, 4.5.32, 6.0.12, 6.1.5).

Now after some thinking about it I know that applying stdWrap methods to the value makes no sense since I can apply the same methods to the TEXT object itself.

But then my question if the documented data type "text / stdWrap" could be wrong?
If it is correct, how to understand this data type here?