[TYPO3-english] Typo3 6.1.7 Dummy package installer failed

Michael Schams typo3.lists at 2014.trash.schams.net
Wed Mar 12 03:59:57 CET 2014

On 2014-03-12 13:02, Gorosito Gonzalo wrote:

> [...] I meant that I find hard to believe
> that a problem this obvious is happening to anyone else.

I agree... if this would happen to everyone else, you would hear
a lot more noise about it :-) So, I assume, it occurs under certain
circumstances only.

So, let's try to figure out what causes this issue.

> [...] and I would like to know if someone else
> was able to install the introduction package or dummy package.

I don't have a problem installing the 6.1.7 Introduction Package
on a standard Debian 7.x box with MySQL 5.5.35 and PHP 5.4.4.

You could try to enable logging in MySQL and check, if there
are any failed queries during the installation. Don't forget to
disable logging later again, 'coz the log file can become massive :-)

The deprecation_log you mentioned in your previous email does
not log fatal errors. It only logs calls to functions, which are
classified as deprecated.

http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3cms-core/wiki/CoreDevPolicy
http://wiki.typo3.org/Deprecation_Log

I assume, you checked for PHP errors in your web server logs, right?

Cheers
Michael