[TYPO3-english] Typo3 6.1.7 Dummy package installer failed

RDE - Gert Redlich gr2 at ipw.net
Wed Mar 12 00:42:07 CET 2014

Gorosito Gonzalo schrieb:

> I don't know.. I find hard to believe nobody tested the installer tool
> properly.

Hi Gonzalo, (your prename ?)

I am not involved in development,
but I am with TYPO3 over 10 years now (2003!).

And we need to remember - TYPO3 ist not free at all - however -
we do not pay for it with money.

We get a free product and our payment is our job to test
and evaluate what the "developers" did.

The better we do testing, the better it will be in the future.

I did write C and Pascal programs for many many years and I know
that testing is the most important job and ...   !!!!

the developer mostly is like a "foolish boy" in testing "his" own code.

So I think, we need to input our part of the free software TYPO3 in
testing and reporting what is going wrong and with what circumstances.

I am runing opensuse for 20 years and have seen hundreds of PHP versions
and thousands of mysql versions and every version was different.

So please be patient and report the problems like you did it.

There are some ways to open a file or ticket or so -
ask google to report TYPO3 mistakes.

kind regards from Germany at night
Dipl.Ing.Gert Redlich

have a look here - over 10.000 pages -
working really fine - and all for free !!