[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 CMS 6.2beta6 and APC

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Wed Mar 5 13:10:33 CET 2014

Hi,

> 1) What is the story behind APC 3.1.13 (quote: "...may cause problems.")?
>
> 2) What is the recommended solution for this situation? Ignore the
> warning and keep your fingers crossed, that APC 3.1.13 works - or
> disable APC alltogether?

APC is a good and valid solution. I twitted yesterday, right after the
release to explain how to go from "medium" to "good":

https://twitter.com/xperseguers/status/440983725812092930

In short: you have to change default settings from APC on Debian to
deactivate the active check whether file system changed.

Beware: it will only work for TYPO3 6.2 beta6 and above, not for
previous versions.

Until final release we plan to link to a wiki page in the Install Tool
where we will explain how to fix/enhance your opcode cache settings.
It's not yet available though.

Kind regards

--
Xavier Perseguers