[TYPO3-english] File list module vs. File list element browser: Inconsistent behaviour

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Mon Jun 30 16:24:35 CEST 2014

Am 30.06.14 15:48, schrieb Bernhard Schmitt:
> Hi there,
>
> I just migrated 6.1 to 6.2 and converted all that file meta data.
> Everything seems fine in the frontend.
>
> But when I try to insert a new file relation in the backend (as an admin
> user), all folders in the file list element browser are empty, although
> the files are correctly shown in the file list module. I can't guarantee
> that the file / relation data is consistent, but the two views should
> definitely show the same result, shouldn't they?
>
> Under what conditions are files hidden in the element browser? Maybe I
> can have a look at that...

the element browser may be filtered for file extensions as it may be
needed (just had the case of an image wich was shown in fiel list, but
was missing in elementbrowser and it took some minutes until I noticed
the missing .jpg extension)

I don't know what is differnt in detail but noticed a big difference
already in 6.1 (which resulted in http://forge.typo3.org/issues/57811):
so the file list shows counts of files for folders and the element
browser does not, the element browser is much slower.
there must be a big difference

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html