[TYPO3-english] Super weird caching issue

Armin Ruediger Vieweg armin at v.ieweg.de
Thu Jun 5 16:49:27 CEST 2014

I have released this t3ddy extension, which provides three filebased gridelements and some javascript/css for backend display of tabs and accordions.

Now I've got an super weird caching issue. I have two different pages. Both contains a t3ddy tab container (gridelement) and inside of each container two t3ddy items (also gridelement) for the tabs itself. So I have nested gridelements on both pages.

When I am logged in, every works fine. But if not just the first called page works. The second called page returns just the tab container html, but no tabs or contents inside of these tabs. When I clear the system cache and call the second page first, the tabs appears there, but not on any other page.

After clearing system cache and calling first page (which always work) the file "tca_fe_***" has been created in typo3temp/Cache/Code/cache_core. When I delete this file, before calling the second page, it works too. In this file the only t3ddy related lines are: {i:0;s:13:"T3ddy (t3ddy)";i:1;s:35:"EXT:t3ddy/Configuration/TypoScript/";}. I've also checked the caches tables in database, but changes here has no effect.

I've also tested it with "normal" nested gridelements on this system, which are also stored filebased, but located in fileadmin not in an extension. These are working, doesn't matter in which order I call them.

In Gridelements class I've put a debug output for $this->cObj->data['tx_gridelements_backend_layout'] right after set of $layout. When I call the first page I get the names: t3ddy-tab-container and t3ddy-item. On the second page I just get the container name. No item anymore. So the problem  seems to be located before gridelements does its magic.

But I have absolutely no clue where to search for. I do not see the difference between the "normal" grids, which works and the t3ddy grids. I'm using TYPO3 6.2.3 and latest gridelements 3.0.0-dev (from two days ago).

Hope someone is able to give me a small hint.
Thanks in advance,
Armin