[TYPO3-english] Check backend session in a frontend plugin

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Thu Jun 5 13:32:19 CEST 2014

Hi,

On 5-6-2014 12:07, Iban wrote:
> I have a backend session and that varable is empty. I'm using an eID...
> maybe should I init some backend variables before?

There is no BE user initialized in eID. Look in
typo3/sysext/cms/tslib/index_ts.php to see where eID is handled (around
line 75) and what will be initialised later.

You can initialise a lot yourself in your eID script, but as said before
the more you initialise of a complete TYPO3 system the smaller are the
advantages of a lightweight eID script.
If you need more or less a complete TYPO3 system for your script it's
easier to define a custom page type and call that instead of the eID script.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!