[TYPO3-english] gridelements and TYPO3 CMS 6.2 LTS

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Tue Jul 29 11:58:33 CEST 2014

> I am aware of the code in git.typo3.org [1], which is 3.0.0-dev at the
> time of this writing, but I would not call a "-dev" version in a Git
> repository suitable for production.

If this is what you think, you will have to wait longer than other
people, who already use it.
After all there will be no breaking changes to the code, so as long as
you don't have to deal with IRRE workspace problems, you should be fine.

> Does this mean, we do not have a stable version of EXT:gridelements for
> the latest LTS version of TYPO3 CMS?

To answer this rhetorical question: Yes - that's what it means.

If you want to speed things up you should consider
a) sponsoring via
http://cybercraft.spreadshirt.de/grid-elements-2-0-sponsor-A26477376 or
paypal
b) testing the repo version and reporting bugs
c) giving feedback especially regarding workspace related problems

The current plan is to release 3.0 as soon as possible even though there
are still known problems with IRRE and workspaces, since many people are
using gridelements without workspaces. 3.0.x versions will then get
workspace fixes later on.

Still it will take time ... :-)

Cheers

Joey