[TYPO3-english] gridelements and TYPO3 CMS 6.2 LTS

Michael Schams typo3.lists at 2014.trash.schams.net
Wed Jul 30 08:28:46 CEST 2014

Hi Joey,

Many thanks for your quick response - much appreciated.

On 2014-07-29 19:58, JoH asenau wrote:

>> I am aware of the code in git.typo3.org [1], which is 3.0.0-dev at the
>> time of this writing, but I would not call a "-dev" version in a Git
>> repository suitable for production.
>
> If this is what you think, you will have to wait longer than other
> people, who already use it.

Well, assuming "dev" stands for "development", I think I am not the only
one who has this opinion :-)

> After all there will be no breaking changes to the code, so as long as
> you don't have to deal with IRRE workspace problems, you should be
> fine.

Great - thanks for this info. That's exactly what I needed to get an
idea,
where someone could/should use this version.

>> Does this mean, we do not have a stable version of EXT:gridelements
>> for
>> the latest LTS version of TYPO3 CMS?
>
> To answer this rhetorical question: Yes - that's what it means.

This was not a rhetorical question, but an objective one to assess the
situation - which you answered perfectly, thanks for that :-)

> The current plan is to release 3.0 as soon as possible even though
> there are still known problems with IRRE and workspaces, since many
> people are using gridelements without workspaces.

I think, you're right - and now I know, when we have to be careful or
reserve some extra project time for additional testing.

> 3.0.x versions will then get workspace fixes later on.
> Still it will take time ... :-)

Cool. Thanks for this great extension and all your efforts you and the
everyone involved invested.

Cheers
Michael