[TYPO3-english] Typo3 624 BE Verifying Login Data

Markus Klein klein.t3 at reelworx.at
Mon Jul 21 21:40:37 CEST 2014

Hi Phil,

welcome to TYPO3 CMS!

OpenSSL is not only used for accessing sites via https, but in the context of TYPO3 much more for encrypting passwords sent along via the connection. That means TYPO3 CMS will encrypt the password you entered into the login form before sending it to the server. For that the server needs OpenSSL in order to be able to decrypt the password.

So you should really get the setup of OpenSSL right on your machine.

Maybe this links helps you a bit:
http://wiki.typo3.org/Exception/CMS/1318283565

Kind regards
Markus

Markus Klein
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributors Team Member