[TYPO3-english] Display page title in page

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Tue Jul 8 22:32:06 CEST 2014

Hi,

On 8-7-2014 16:19, armin otto wrote:
> Anyway, what I am trying to do right now should be simple:  I want the
> header partial template in
> typo3conf/ext/speciality/Resources/Private/Partials/header.html  to
> render the page title as defined in the typo3 backend
[...]
> I was kinda hoping of having only to insert one line like [code]
> <h1> <v:page.title /> </h1>
> [/code]
> and be done with it, but no such luck.

An important part of the MVC concept implemented in extbase and fluid is
the separation of different responsibilities. Fluid is responsible for
the 'view' part. So, generating data in a fluid template is against this
concept IMO.

In the TypoScript that defines the FLUIDTEMPLATE object [1] to render
the page you can set up a variable section. All these variables are
available in the template.
By default the current record is available in {data}. If you're
rendering a page the fields of the page are supposed to be in this variable.

So, if {data.title} doesn't work you can set a variable in TS and render
that.

[1]
http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/TyposcriptReference/ContentObjects/Fluidtemplate/Index.html

--