[TYPO3-english] Re: Display page title in page

armin otto arminotto at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 14:59:03 CEST 2014

thanks for the pointers.

I tried to set a variable in TS and render it. And it works ... up to a point.

in page.ts I have a lines like

  page.variables.p1.value = Some Text
  lib.variables.l1 = TEXT
  lib.variables.l1.value = Some other Text

and in the header.html I have

Both methods work to put out the specified text on the screen, but I am not able to fill the p1 or l1 variables with something as mundane as a page title. If I try something like page.variables.p1.value = page.title , all I get rendered is the string "page.title".

And I know that the page title is available somehow in header.html, because of this line:
  <f:debug>{_all}</f:debug>

It shows me the page object right at the top and it contains everything I want.

So how do I convince Typo3 to render the page title ?

Thanks