[TYPO3-english] Extbase Scheduler Task: Pagetitle for given PID

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Thu Jul 3 20:27:48 CEST 2014

Hi,

On 3-7-2014 15:41, amadeo Marketing & Design - Paul Garais wrote:
> thank you very much for that fast response! It works like a charm and is
> very efficient.
> I wasn't aware of the fact that these functions are available because I
> have read somewhere that they are currently (for 6.1) not implemented.

Can't imagine that someone wrote that about these functions. They are
quite low level functions for use in backend code and have been in the
core for ages (in 4.x of course as part of the class t3lib_BEfunc).

Since scheduler tasks are run as a backend user you can use these functions.

Extbase and fluid are great for certain types of tasks, but I agree with
you that setting up models just to get the title of a page is a bit
overkill :-)

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor