[TYPO3-english] Extbase Scheduler Task: Pagetitle for given PID

Stephan Schuler Stephan.Schuler at netlogix.de
Fri Jul 4 14:38:00 CEST 2014

Hey there.

Long story short: That's the way to go, although I don't like it to be called "page title".

And here is why:

That's not necessarily the page title being displayed in the front end.
The front end page title is a highly configurable thing. There are like three or four page properties that can be used as page titles, prefixed or suffixed by e.g. "$companyName - ".
Have a look at this one, and everything related to "title" in there.
http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/TyposcriptReference/Setup/Config/Index.html#pagetitlefirst

And there's always that "custom title per page" thingy, like when showing e.g. news detail pages, where usually the page title is related to the actual news, and not only "detail page".

The getRecordTitle method only gives you the record title, which in some case isn't the actual page title of that page in the front end.

But on the other hand, in most cases the record title (in default setup that reflects the backend page tree) is just enough or even exactly what your editors expect -- and calling them "page title" is just an inconsistency in terms of wording when it comes to SEO stuff.

So I would have told you the exact same thing: Use the BackendUtility methods for that. But just to clarify, that's not the page title in SEO aspects.

Regards,

Stephan Schuler
Web-Entwickler

Telefon: +49 (911) 539909 - 0
E-Mail: Stephan.Schuler at netlogix.de
Website: media.netlogix.de

- ------------------------------------

- --
netlogix GmbH & Co. KG
IT-Services | IT-Training | Media
Neuwieder Straße 10 | 90411 Nürnberg
Telefon: +49 (911) 539909 - 0 | Fax: +49 (911) 539909 - 99
E-Mail: info at netlogix.de | Internet: http://www.netlogix.de

netlogix GmbH & Co. KG ist eingetragen am Amtsgericht Nürnberg (HRA 13338)
Persönlich haftende Gesellschafterin: netlogix Verwaltungs GmbH (HRB 20634)
Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer: DE 233472254
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Buchta, Matthias Schmidt