[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 CMS and MariaDB

Michael Schams typo3.lists at 2014.trash.schams.net
Mon Dec 15 08:10:26 CET 2014

Hi!

I am interested in your experience and your opinion, how TYPO3 CMS works
(or does not work) with MariaDB and/or what we should be aware of in
such a scenario.

I understand that MariaDB is in fact a fork of MySQL, developed by
original MySQL-developers, who aim to maintain high compatibility with
MySQL. Personally, I do not have a problem with MariaDB and my
experience with it as a MySQL replacement is pretty good. It is also
shipped with CentOS out-of-the-box as far as I know. I also assume,
MariaDB should fully support TYPO3's DBAL.

So, I wonder, if there are any arguments against it or something I
should know or consider? :-)

This question in more in general, but in our specific case, it will be a
TYPO3 CMS 6.2 LTS instance that should use a contemporary version of
MariaDB.

Cheers
Michael