[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 CMS and MariaDB

Markus Klein klein.t3 at reelworx.at
Mon Dec 15 08:31:40 CET 2014

Hi Michael,

Since MariaDB is a very straight fork of MySQL you don't need DBAL at all.
TYPO3 does not even recognize you're running on MariaDB.
My Dev-Instances run on it since a year or more, no issues so far, so it looks pretty safe to use it.

Kind regards
Markus

Markus Klein
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributors Team Member