[TYPO3-english] Typo3 website backup without hosting account access

Alessandro Tuveri at at uniud.it
Tue Dec 9 14:12:17 CET 2014

HI
>Hi everyone,
>I would like to create a full backup of a Typo3 website.
>The problem is that I only have access to the CMS and not to the hosting account.
You should have the user/password as admin of the site.
So you can install an extension -- depends on the TYPO3 version you are using;
I found useful:
* w4xbackup (under 4.5.x and below)
* since 6.1 - bnb_backup
If you can run a backup you can export all data (database + files) otherwise you cannot regenerate the CMS or move the site.