[TYPO3-english] [TYPO3-core] Announcing TYPO3 CMS 7.0

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Fri Dec 5 22:38:27 CET 2014

Hi Daniel,

Daniel Neugebauer wrote:

> For how long will pre-LTS 7.x releases continue to receive security
> fixes after their successor has been released? I.e. would we have to
> instantly update from 7.1 to 7.2 as soon as it arrives or would we have
> 1-2 months time to migrate those instances over time? The roadmap cuts
> those version short but if pre-LTS versions are going to be used in
> production, it's hard to perform instant upgrades on all of them at once
> (speaking of handling updates correctly, not just updating the typo_src
> symlink - that's actually just a matter of seconds).

All pre-LTS 7.x versions are supposed to be quickly updated to the next
7.x+1 version as soon as it is out. We do not plan to backport security
fixed to old 7.x branches, because only the latest 7.x version is supported
(next to the 6.2 LTS).

7.x releases are supposed to be upgrade-able in-place without problems.
On the other hand, this will assure that security patches can be backported
easily in most cases. You can either do this yourself or maybe we might ship
some of them as well - however don't take this as promise.
After all, you would need to apply a security update anyway on all your
instances, that means you should be able to upgrade the the next minor too
;)

Best regards
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!